A comedian is trying to break in to serious acting and he is not being taken seriously. His reality TV fiancé wants to broadcast their wedding. A critic writing a story on him forces him to look at his relationship with his fiancé as well as his comedic career.
Chris Rock directs the film and I felt it was a bit ambitious. It’s an interesting storyline — I’ll give credit where it’s due — but I thought everyone but Rock was good in it. He came off a little uncomfortable and the only part he looked natural was when he was preforming stand-up.
- Surrounded by scandal, Globes turn to old favs & fresh faces
- ‘Coco’ tops box office again before ‘Star Wars’ hits
- Jay-Z tops Grammy nominations with 8, Kendrick Lamar follows with 7
- CBS suspends Charlie Rose, PBS halts his show following allegations
- Rising rapper Lil Peep dies in Tucson before concert