“The Wolf of Wall Street” is based on the true story of Jordan Belfort and his climb to the top to a wealthy stockbroker.
During his rise to the top, his company acted as a penny stock boiler room and he defrauded investors with fraudulent stock sales. He lived the extravagant lifestyle with all the partying to go with it, up until he was imprisoned for 22 months for money laundering.
Get ready to sit for a while with this one. It’s a solid three hours long. With that said, it is a pretty good film.
Leonardo DiCaprio kills it in just about every scene he is in, and reminds us of just how good of an actor he is. If you have time for this one, make sure you pack lunch, but it will be worth your time.
- Special Bruce St. James, Pamela Hughes show to focus on gun violence
- 7 weeks later, ‘Jumanji’ is no. 1 at box office
- Here are the titles that are coming to, leaving Netflix in February
- Kevin Hart to bring big comedy tour to Phoenix in July
- Del Toro’s ‘Shape of Water’ lands a leading 13 Oscar nominations