A young boy wakes and finds himself in an elevator with no memories except his name. He is released into a community of young teen boys who have been secluded into an enclosed environment. Some of the boys have been there for two years, trying to escape through the maze that surrounds the environment, with no luck.
This movie is like ‘Lord of the Flies’ meets ‘Hunger Gamess.’
For the genre, it does a pretty decent job at what the movie is attempting. I have not read the books so I went in with no clue of the plot, but I can say that some of the things in this movie are pretty scary.
- Del Toro’s ‘Shape of Water’ lands a leading 13 Oscar nominations
- Arizona man reels in fish with human-like teeth at a Tucson lake
- ’12 Strong’ puts Hollywood sheen on early U.S. war effort in Afghanistan
- Mix Up Bar named coziest restaurant in Arizona
- Written math equation recreates famous ‘Star Wars’ theme song