A man returns from WWII wants to find purpose in his life post war. He starts a faith based organization and eventually becomes known as “The Master”.
Bruce St. James said, “This is a real love it/hate it movie. I was fascinated by performances, especially Joaquin Phoenix who played a roll seemingly made specifically for him. The controversy about it’s parallels to L. Ron Hubbard and Scientology aside, it does a great job of diving into the cult of personality some religions create and those who follow. It is funny and odd at times, tough to watch in others. Color me impressed.”
- Main Street Minute: Chompie’s Deli to offer holiday bread at Costco
- Arizona film office working to lure production companies for keeps
- Golf entertainment venue Drive Shack coming to Glendale
- Kristen Bell sings her heart out in Orlando to hurricane evacuees
- Enjoy movie moments of 6 great seniors for Grandparents Day