A man returns from WWII wants to find purpose in his life post war. He starts a faith based organization and eventually becomes known as “The Master”.
Bruce St. James said, “This is a real love it/hate it movie. I was fascinated by performances, especially Joaquin Phoenix who played a roll seemingly made specifically for him. The controversy about it’s parallels to L. Ron Hubbard and Scientology aside, it does a great job of diving into the cult of personality some religions create and those who follow. It is funny and odd at times, tough to watch in others. Color me impressed.”
- Special Bruce St. James, Pamela Hughes show to focus on gun violence
- 7 weeks later, ‘Jumanji’ is no. 1 at box office
- Here are the titles that are coming to, leaving Netflix in February
- Kevin Hart to bring big comedy tour to Phoenix in July
- Del Toro’s ‘Shape of Water’ lands a leading 13 Oscar nominations