Jim Bennett is an English professor by day and a high-stakes gambler by night. He bets it all when he literally bets his life to a gangster as collateral for a loan. He plays both sides of the game and doesn’t care who gets hurt in the process.
My main problem with this movie is that I have no sympathy for Mark Wahlberg’s character. He plays a bad guy, as I would imagine because he is a socially-degenerate gambler. I hated the Hollywood ending of this movie because of this. It’s got a lot of other trouble spots, but that was my biggest problem with this film.
- Tempe’s Innings Festival set to begin this weekend
- Arizona Rep. Biggs calls for VA Secretary Shulkin’s resignation
- Say ‘pi’ but hear ‘pie’: Best pie fights in the movies, TV
- ‘Wicked,’ ‘Aladdin’ headline upcoming Broadway season at ASU Gammage
- Josh Groban and Idina Menzel coming to Phoenix in October