Jim Bennett is an English professor by day and a high-stakes gambler by night. He bets it all when he literally bets his life to a gangster as collateral for a loan. He plays both sides of the game and doesn’t care who gets hurt in the process.
My main problem with this movie is that I have no sympathy for Mark Wahlberg’s character. He plays a bad guy, as I would imagine because he is a socially-degenerate gambler. I hated the Hollywood ending of this movie because of this. It’s got a lot of other trouble spots, but that was my biggest problem with this film.
- Main Street Minute: Food delivery service goPuff launches in Flagstaff
- Creative ‘Paddington 2’ a clever piece of family-friendly British wit
- Former Mill Avenue arcade bar Endgame gets new spot, to reopen
- ASU’s online business school’s MBA program named top 5 in nation
- James Franco an early winner at Critics’ Choice Awards