Jim Bennett is an English professor by day and a high-stakes gambler by night. He bets it all when he literally bets his life to a gangster as collateral for a loan. He plays both sides of the game and doesn’t care who gets hurt in the process.
My main problem with this movie is that I have no sympathy for Mark Wahlberg’s character. He plays a bad guy, as I would imagine because he is a socially-degenerate gambler. I hated the Hollywood ending of this movie because of this. It’s got a lot of other trouble spots, but that was my biggest problem with this film.
- Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Tempe set for grand opening
- Nielsen says 29 million people watched royal wedding in US
- KTAR News earns first, second places for journalism at AP awards
- Margot Kidder, Lois Lane in the ‘Superman’ franchise, dies
- Southern Arizona park to receive $4M upgrade to stay open overnight