The D.U.F.F. is an acronym for the “Designated Ugly Fat Friend” in a group of friends. Bianca is a senior in high school when she learns that the student body has assigned her the DUFF of her more popular friends. Upon learning this, she enlists the help of a jock to help her shed her label.
I should have known this movie was about high school when I walked in the theater and it was all teenaged girls in high school. Despite that fact, I actually liked this movie. I think it’s a newer take on the “Mean Girls” genre and includes some of the same themes, but also touches on topics like cyber-bullying. It’s not a new idea, but the movie does a good job keeping your attention.
- Arizona native Emma Stone to return to big screen for ‘Zombieland 2’
- Joe Jackson, patriarch of musical Jackson family, dies at 89
- Former worker criticizes conditions at Arizona facility for immigrant youth
- John Travolta, Kelly Preston discuss film ‘Gotti’ with Bruce St. James
- Box office top 20: Female-led ‘Ocean’s 8’ reboot dethrones ‘Solo’