The D.U.F.F. is an acronym for the “Designated Ugly Fat Friend” in a group of friends. Bianca is a senior in high school when she learns that the student body has assigned her the DUFF of her more popular friends. Upon learning this, she enlists the help of a jock to help her shed her label.
I should have known this movie was about high school when I walked in the theater and it was all teenaged girls in high school. Despite that fact, I actually liked this movie. I think it’s a newer take on the “Mean Girls” genre and includes some of the same themes, but also touches on topics like cyber-bullying. It’s not a new idea, but the movie does a good job keeping your attention.
- Arizona Rep. Biggs calls for VA Secretary Shulkin’s resignation
- Say ‘pi’ but hear ‘pie’: Best pie fights in the movies, TV
- ‘Wicked,’ ‘Aladdin’ headline upcoming Broadway season at ASU Gammage
- Josh Groban and Idina Menzel coming to Phoenix in October
- Host Jimmy Kimmel offers Lake Havasu trip for shortest Oscars speech