The D.U.F.F. is an acronym for the “Designated Ugly Fat Friend” in a group of friends. Bianca is a senior in high school when she learns that the student body has assigned her the DUFF of her more popular friends. Upon learning this, she enlists the help of a jock to help her shed her label.
I should have known this movie was about high school when I walked in the theater and it was all teenaged girls in high school. Despite that fact, I actually liked this movie. I think it’s a newer take on the “Mean Girls” genre and includes some of the same themes, but also touches on topics like cyber-bullying. It’s not a new idea, but the movie does a good job keeping your attention.
- Del Toro’s ‘Shape of Water’ lands a leading 13 Oscar nominations
- Arizona man reels in fish with human-like teeth at a Tucson lake
- ’12 Strong’ puts Hollywood sheen on early U.S. war effort in Afghanistan
- Mix Up Bar named coziest restaurant in Arizona
- Written math equation recreates famous ‘Star Wars’ theme song