After losing her mother and brother, Liesel is moved to a foster home in Germany. World War II is just beginning and her foster family takes in a Jewish man and hides him from the Nazis. The young girl is learning as much as she can from books, and steals them from the mayor’s library.
Based on the novel The Book Thief this movie is one of the first I have seen where you actually feel sorry for the Germans. Many of who did not join the Nazi party but are still bombed and struggle during the war. The movie was not as great as it could have been, but it is still a must see movie.
- Car once owned by Nazi leader Adolf Hitler doesn’t sell in Scottsdale
- Brutal winter in northeast US freezes part of Atlantic Ocean
- Creative ‘Paddington 2’ a clever piece of family-friendly British wit
- Man slaps embattled producer Harvey Weinstein at Scottsdale restaurant
- Phoenix-area suburb posts funny video to show off warm winter weather