A group of four Phoenix high school students form a robotics club, even though they have no experience building robots. On $800, old car parts and a big dream, the club takes their underwater robot to competition to compete amongst some of the top teams in the country.
This movie is pretty cool to watch because it takes place in our own backyard. Phoenix is shown heavily in this film, as are the kids from Carl Hayden High School. Aside from the local aspect, this movie is really well-told. It’s the story of the “little guy” competing against “the big guy” and, even though I knew how it would turn out, it kept me entertained throughout.
- Arizona Rep. Biggs calls for VA Secretary Shulkin’s resignation
- Say ‘pi’ but hear ‘pie’: Best pie fights in the movies, TV
- ‘Wicked,’ ‘Aladdin’ headline upcoming Broadway season at ASU Gammage
- Josh Groban and Idina Menzel coming to Phoenix in October
- Host Jimmy Kimmel offers Lake Havasu trip for shortest Oscars speech