Lou Bloom, a man desperate for work, discovers a job as a freelance videographer. He learns about the underbelly of Los Angeles when he begins making money in crime journalism covering stabbings, car accidents and other incidents. As his fascination with the job grows, the line between covering the news and creating the news becomes blurred.
Jake Gyllenhaal plays the main character in this film who is clearly a psychopath (maybe a sociopath). The character is cold and chilling and I enjoy that in a movie. Yes, the movie becomes predictable in parts but overall I really enjoyed it, even though there were parts that creeped me out.
- Del Toro’s ‘Shape of Water’ lands a leading 13 Oscar nominations
- Arizona man reels in fish with human-like teeth at a Tucson lake
- ’12 Strong’ puts Hollywood sheen on early U.S. war effort in Afghanistan
- Mix Up Bar named coziest restaurant in Arizona
- Written math equation recreates famous ‘Star Wars’ theme song