Lou Bloom, a man desperate for work, discovers a job as a freelance videographer. He learns about the underbelly of Los Angeles when he begins making money in crime journalism covering stabbings, car accidents and other incidents. As his fascination with the job grows, the line between covering the news and creating the news becomes blurred.
Jake Gyllenhaal plays the main character in this film who is clearly a psychopath (maybe a sociopath). The character is cold and chilling and I enjoy that in a movie. Yes, the movie becomes predictable in parts but overall I really enjoyed it, even though there were parts that creeped me out.
- Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Tempe set for grand opening
- Nielsen says 29 million people watched royal wedding in US
- KTAR News earns first, second places for journalism at AP awards
- Margot Kidder, Lois Lane in the ‘Superman’ franchise, dies
- Southern Arizona park to receive $4M upgrade to stay open overnight