A follow up to the movie ‘Restrepo’, this movie takes place in the Korengal Valley, the epicenter of the war in Afghanistan. Instead of focusing on the war experience as ‘Restrepo’ had, ‘Korengal’ looks at how war works, what it feels like and how it affects the men involved.
The movie follows the same men as were filmed in ‘Restrepo’ and while I found this movie to be great and an important story to tell, I don’t feel as though it impacted me the same way. I think it gives a great look into the lives of these young men and how the war changes their psyche.
- Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Tempe set for grand opening
- Nielsen says 29 million people watched royal wedding in US
- KTAR News earns first, second places for journalism at AP awards
- Margot Kidder, Lois Lane in the ‘Superman’ franchise, dies
- Southern Arizona park to receive $4M upgrade to stay open overnight