Based on the book by Thomas Pynchon, “Inherent Vice” is set in Los Angeles in the 1970’s. A private eye gets involved with a kidnapping of a billionaire who happened to be dating his former girlfriend.
This movie has some really fun cameos from amazing actors and makes this movie really fun to watch. It is decidedly a period piece that makes you feel like you are back in the time. Joaquin Phoenix is mesmerizing on film, although I may be biased because he is one of my favorite actors. Regardless, the movie does run about two-and-a-half hours, and may be a little long, but overall it is a great film.
- Arizona Rep. Biggs calls for VA Secretary Shulkin’s resignation
- Say ‘pi’ but hear ‘pie’: Best pie fights in the movies, TV
- ‘Wicked,’ ‘Aladdin’ headline upcoming Broadway season at ASU Gammage
- Josh Groban and Idina Menzel coming to Phoenix in October
- Host Jimmy Kimmel offers Lake Havasu trip for shortest Oscars speech