Based on the book by Thomas Pynchon, “Inherent Vice” is set in Los Angeles in the 1970’s. A private eye gets involved with a kidnapping of a billionaire who happened to be dating his former girlfriend.
This movie has some really fun cameos from amazing actors and makes this movie really fun to watch. It is decidedly a period piece that makes you feel like you are back in the time. Joaquin Phoenix is mesmerizing on film, although I may be biased because he is one of my favorite actors. Regardless, the movie does run about two-and-a-half hours, and may be a little long, but overall it is a great film.
- CBS suspends Charlie Rose, PBS halts his show following allegations
- Rising rapper Lil Peep dies in Tucson before concert
- Phoenix Comicon to feature ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ stars
- Routine ‘Daddy’s Home 2’ is good for a few laughs, but not much else
- Taylor Swift to kick off ‘Reputation’ with date in Glendale