“Grudge Match” is about a boxing match 30 years in the making between old rivals — “The Kid” and “Razor” — long after both men retired.
The two were supposed to fight their third fight but Razor retired the night before the match, thus ending both of their careers. The third fight takes place after what was a joking conversation that turned into something more serious.
I went into this film with little expectation. The supporting actors are what really pulled the movie together, with great performances from Kevin Hart, Kim Basinger and Jon Bernthal. If you don’t mind Sylvester Stallone’s awkward attempts at facial expressions, then you might enjoy this popcorn flick.
- Say ‘pi’ but hear ‘pie’: Best pie fights in the movies, TV
- ‘Wicked,’ ‘Aladdin’ headline upcoming Broadway season at ASU Gammage
- Josh Groban and Idina Menzel coming to Phoenix in October
- Host Jimmy Kimmel offers Lake Havasu trip for shortest Oscars speech
- Another Arizona family to be featured on ‘Family Feud’ game show