The small-town working neighborhood of God’s Pocket is not sad when Mickey’s crazy stepson dies in a construction “accident.” Mickey tries to bury the truth with the body, but when the boy’s mother demands to know what happens, Mickey finds himself in a tough situation.
This is a smaller film, based on the book of the same title, with many familiar faces in it like Philip Seymour Hoffman, Christina Hendricks, John Turturro and more. With all these famous faces in it, you would hope for a stand-out film, but it was not. I was disappointed. The movie felt a little like “The Wire” with all the people involved, but overall it fell flat.
- Quirky ‘Night Court’ actor Harry Anderson dies at age 65
- Stapleton, Lambert, Underwood and Vegas win at ACM Awards
- ‘A Quiet Place’ isn’t just a horror movie, it’s a cinematic experience
- ‘Pacific Rim Uprising’ is a brainless CGI actionfest that has a good time
- ‘Ready Player One’ is why we go to the movies