The small-town working neighborhood of God’s Pocket is not sad when Mickey’s crazy stepson dies in a construction “accident.” Mickey tries to bury the truth with the body, but when the boy’s mother demands to know what happens, Mickey finds himself in a tough situation.
This is a smaller film, based on the book of the same title, with many familiar faces in it like Philip Seymour Hoffman, Christina Hendricks, John Turturro and more. With all these famous faces in it, you would hope for a stand-out film, but it was not. I was disappointed. The movie felt a little like “The Wire” with all the people involved, but overall it fell flat.
- CBS suspends Charlie Rose, PBS halts his show following allegations
- Rising rapper Lil Peep dies in Tucson before concert
- Phoenix Comicon to feature ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ stars
- Routine ‘Daddy’s Home 2’ is good for a few laughs, but not much else
- Taylor Swift to kick off ‘Reputation’ with date in Glendale