The small-town working neighborhood of God’s Pocket is not sad when Mickey’s crazy stepson dies in a construction “accident.” Mickey tries to bury the truth with the body, but when the boy’s mother demands to know what happens, Mickey finds himself in a tough situation.
This is a smaller film, based on the book of the same title, with many familiar faces in it like Philip Seymour Hoffman, Christina Hendricks, John Turturro and more. With all these famous faces in it, you would hope for a stand-out film, but it was not. I was disappointed. The movie felt a little like “The Wire” with all the people involved, but overall it fell flat.
- San Francisco approves $290,000 payout for Journey wedding
- Attorney: Sober toxicology report could help NAU shooter’s self-defense claim
- Facebook CEO, now a father, will give away most of his money
- CNN erases description of Gray’s mother as heroin addict
- ‘Love & Hip Hop’ star sentenced to 8 years in prison