The small-town working neighborhood of God’s Pocket is not sad when Mickey’s crazy stepson dies in a construction “accident.” Mickey tries to bury the truth with the body, but when the boy’s mother demands to know what happens, Mickey finds himself in a tough situation.
This is a smaller film, based on the book of the same title, with many familiar faces in it like Philip Seymour Hoffman, Christina Hendricks, John Turturro and more. With all these famous faces in it, you would hope for a stand-out film, but it was not. I was disappointed. The movie felt a little like “The Wire” with all the people involved, but overall it fell flat.
- Intense third act struggles to save clunky hero tale ‘The 15:17 to Paris’
- Witty ‘Peter Rabbit’ feels a little too thin to satisfy the kids
- Oracle State Park could receive $4 million to keep park open overnight
- Magazine names Bisbee as one of America’s best small towns
- Arizona registered voter numbers down since October, up since 2016