John du Pont, a wealthy man, takes interest men’s wrestling during the 1980s and opens a wrestling club on his property. Du Pont recruits Olympic gold medalist Mark Schultz to live on his estate and help the USA Men’s Wrestling Team train for the 1988 Olympics in Seoul. Schultz sees this as an opportunity to get out from under his brother Dave’s shadow.
If you’re looking for an Academy Award-winning movie, this is it. Steve Carrell gives a performance like you have never seen before. Neither he nor Channing Tatum are funny in this movie and it is absolutely some of their best work. It’s a dark film, but I would not miss this movie.
- John Travolta, Kelly Preston discuss film ‘Gotti’ with Bruce St. James
- Box office top 20: Female-led ‘Ocean’s 8’ reboot dethrones ‘Solo’
- Justin Timberlake to return to Phoenix for second 2018 show
- Phoenix-area pair make cut to next round on ‘American Ninja Warrior’
- Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Tempe set for grand opening