John du Pont, a wealthy man, takes interest men’s wrestling during the 1980s and opens a wrestling club on his property. Du Pont recruits Olympic gold medalist Mark Schultz to live on his estate and help the USA Men’s Wrestling Team train for the 1988 Olympics in Seoul. Schultz sees this as an opportunity to get out from under his brother Dave’s shadow.
If you’re looking for an Academy Award-winning movie, this is it. Steve Carrell gives a performance like you have never seen before. Neither he nor Channing Tatum are funny in this movie and it is absolutely some of their best work. It’s a dark film, but I would not miss this movie.
- ‘Only the Brave’ stars discuss playing fallen Granite Mountain Hotshots
- Singer Tom Petty dies at 66 after suffering cardiac arrest
- Country stars at Las Vegas concert shooting go online to share thoughts
- Main Street Minute: Chompie’s Deli to offer holiday bread at Costco
- Arizona film office working to lure production companies for keeps