Nicky Spurgeon a highly-accomplished con man who takes on an understudy named Jess. As Nicky is teaching Jess the ropes of the con world, the two become romantically involved which quickly turns messy. After a few years apart, Jess has become a femme fatale and creates problems for Nicky.
This movie spends a lot of time trying to trick the viewer into a “who’s conning who” storyline where none of the situations seem to be realistic. I think the actual story they were trying to tell got lost in the trickery and that’s where my problem with the movie lies.
- Arizona Rep. Biggs calls for VA Secretary Shulkin’s resignation
- Say ‘pi’ but hear ‘pie’: Best pie fights in the movies, TV
- ‘Wicked,’ ‘Aladdin’ headline upcoming Broadway season at ASU Gammage
- Josh Groban and Idina Menzel coming to Phoenix in October
- Will Smith to bungee jump from helicopter over Grand Canyon