A grandfather suddenly finds himself in a custody battle for his granddaughter. The two families have good intentions of placing the girl in an environment that is best suited for her, but the sides are also split along racial biases.
While I enjoyed the movie, I didn’t love it. It felt like the plot danced around a very real topic, but wouldn’t commit to tackling the issue. If the movie had dove into the topic more, I think this movie would have been much better, but instead it left me wanting more.
- John Mayer pays tribute to Glen Campbell with ‘Gentle on My Mind’
- Snoop Dogg, Marilyn Manson to play Arizona State Fair concerts
- Jay-Z to bring tour for ‘4:44’ to Phoenix in the fall
- Talking ICE: The human impact of immigrant deportations
- Talking ICE: Immigration raids, sanctuaries, visas create questions