A grandfather suddenly finds himself in a custody battle for his granddaughter. The two families have good intentions of placing the girl in an environment that is best suited for her, but the sides are also split along racial biases.
While I enjoyed the movie, I didn’t love it. It felt like the plot danced around a very real topic, but wouldn’t commit to tackling the issue. If the movie had dove into the topic more, I think this movie would have been much better, but instead it left me wanting more.
- Arizona Rep. Biggs calls for VA Secretary Shulkin’s resignation
- Say ‘pi’ but hear ‘pie’: Best pie fights in the movies, TV
- ‘Wicked,’ ‘Aladdin’ headline upcoming Broadway season at ASU Gammage
- Josh Groban and Idina Menzel coming to Phoenix in October
- Host Jimmy Kimmel offers Lake Havasu trip for shortest Oscars speech