Young Dido Elizabeth Belle, daughter of a Royal Navy admiral, is raised by her great-uncle, an aristocrat. Dido is an illegitimate child of mixed-race and finds herself stuck between two worlds — a world of privilege and a world of racism and slavery. She falls in love with a young white man who has hopes she can help end slavery.
I always enjoy a movie that I can take something away from. It’s a fascinating film, based on a true story, which is filled with things that I didn’t know. I think some of the younger actors had a hard time playing their roles, but other than that I found this movie very engaging.
- Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Tempe set for grand opening
- Nielsen says 29 million people watched royal wedding in US
- KTAR News earns first, second places for journalism at AP awards
- Margot Kidder, Lois Lane in the ‘Superman’ franchise, dies
- Southern Arizona park to receive $4M upgrade to stay open overnight