Young Dido Elizabeth Belle, daughter of a Royal Navy admiral, is raised by her great-uncle, an aristocrat. Dido is an illegitimate child of mixed-race and finds herself stuck between two worlds — a world of privilege and a world of racism and slavery. She falls in love with a young white man who has hopes she can help end slavery.
I always enjoy a movie that I can take something away from. It’s a fascinating film, based on a true story, which is filled with things that I didn’t know. I think some of the younger actors had a hard time playing their roles, but other than that I found this movie very engaging.
- Arizona Rep. Biggs calls for VA Secretary Shulkin’s resignation
- Say ‘pi’ but hear ‘pie’: Best pie fights in the movies, TV
- ‘Wicked,’ ‘Aladdin’ headline upcoming Broadway season at ASU Gammage
- Josh Groban and Idina Menzel coming to Phoenix in October
- Host Jimmy Kimmel offers Lake Havasu trip for shortest Oscars speech