Based on the fictional character Alan Partridge, the movie takes place as Partridge’s career is on the downside. He, however, has an elevated sense of worth and does not see it that way.
He works at a small town radio station as the mid-morning host, and the station was just bought out by a new media conglomerate. As Partridge finds himself in the middle of a hostage situation with a disgruntled employee, he uses the situation to be the middleman and to resurrect his career.
This movie is hilarious. It’s sort of like Ron Burgundy meets “Borat” with a British accent. You will go through a range of emotions watching this and be amazed at how self-absorbed he can be and still root for him at the same time.
- CBS suspends Charlie Rose, PBS halts his show following allegations
- Rising rapper Lil Peep dies in Tucson before concert
- Phoenix Comicon to feature ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ stars
- Routine ‘Daddy’s Home 2’ is good for a few laughs, but not much else
- Taylor Swift to kick off ‘Reputation’ with date in Glendale