During the pre-Civil War United States, a free black man is kidnapped and sold into slavery. For 12, years he endures abuse and some hard-found kindness while he tries to let his family know what happened to him. In his last year, he encounters a Canadian man who changes the course of his life.
I’ll say it now: This movie is going to be a huge award winner if not movie of the year. The movie is based on a true story and it is hard to watch at times, but made me look at slavery differently.
It is the must-see movie of the year.
- Uber driver shows passengers fun time with epic dance party
- Little boy breaks down after reporter asks if he’ll miss mom at school
- Dale Jr, Dude Perfect reenact hilariously accurate driving stereotypes
- Video gives first-person look at firefighters working burning home
- Time-lapse video catches buckets of rain falling on Tucson