During the pre-Civil War United States, a free black man is kidnapped and sold into slavery. For 12, years he endures abuse and some hard-found kindness while he tries to let his family know what happened to him. In his last year, he encounters a Canadian man who changes the course of his life.
I’ll say it now: This movie is going to be a huge award winner if not movie of the year. The movie is based on a true story and it is hard to watch at times, but made me look at slavery differently.
It is the must-see movie of the year.
- Police release video of Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim’s DUI arrest
- Former NAZ Suns assistant found dead in Phoenix, posted farewell video
- See spectacular images of enormous dust walls in Arizona
- Boston police officers belt out stirring version of ‘God Bless America’
- Former worker criticizes conditions at Arizona facility for immigrant youth