During the pre-Civil War United States, a free black man is kidnapped and sold into slavery. For 12, years he endures abuse and some hard-found kindness while he tries to let his family know what happened to him. In his last year, he encounters a Canadian man who changes the course of his life.
I’ll say it now: This movie is going to be a huge award winner if not movie of the year. The movie is based on a true story and it is hard to watch at times, but made me look at slavery differently.
It is the must-see movie of the year.
- Hug it out: Harrison Ford ends feud with Chewbacca with some help from Adele
- ‘The Boss’ is back: Rare Bruce Springsteen video of Phoenix-area concert debuts
- Movies in a Minute: ‘Creed’
- Hello, it’s me: YouTuber performs Adele’s ‘Hello’ in 25 different and beautiful styles
- Faith in Humanity: Restaurant offers free Thanksgiving meals to those eating alone