During the pre-Civil War United States, a free black man is kidnapped and sold into slavery. For 12, years he endures abuse and some hard-found kindness while he tries to let his family know what happened to him. In his last year, he encounters a Canadian man who changes the course of his life.
I’ll say it now: This movie is going to be a huge award winner if not movie of the year. The movie is based on a true story and it is hard to watch at times, but made me look at slavery differently.
It is the must-see movie of the year.
- Faith in Humanity: Restaurant offers free Thanksgiving meals to those eating alone
- Here’s what happens when Adele enters an Adele look-alike contest
- No offense to ‘Star Wars’ but this ‘Sea Wars’ trailer is pretty good, too
- Faith in Humanity: Valley charity uses food truck to feed homeless
- Couple uses ‘Whisper Challenge’ to announce surprise pregnancy to parents