During the pre-Civil War United States, a free black man is kidnapped and sold into slavery. For 12, years he endures abuse and some hard-found kindness while he tries to let his family know what happened to him. In his last year, he encounters a Canadian man who changes the course of his life.
I’ll say it now: This movie is going to be a huge award winner if not movie of the year. The movie is based on a true story and it is hard to watch at times, but made me look at slavery differently.
It is the must-see movie of the year.
- After viral selfie video, Arizona Diamondbacks offer sorority girls tickets
- Movies in a Minute: ‘The Martian’
- The Clean Cut: Michelle Obama tells Stephen Colbert her humorous post-White House plans
- Here’s what happens when two hamsters try sharing one wheel (VIDEO)
- Man sets gas station on fire when he tries to kill spider (VIDEO)