People are deeply saddened and divided on the case of the 9-year-old girl who picked up an Uzi and accidentally shot and killed her instructor standing next to her at an Arizona gun range. Questions have surfaced about whether children should be allowed to shoot guns, where and what kinds of firearms.
In this week’s “Legally Speaking,” I do not get into the differing viewpoints of pro-gun and anti-gun ownership, I instead discuss what happens next to the families involved, where they go from here and what legal actions are possible.
- Legally Speaking: Why Arpaio is wasting no time appealing conviction
- Buckeye woman dies after being struck in chest with stray bullet
- Residents didn’t heed voluntary evacuation before California mudslide
- Dental chain with Arizona locations to pay $24M in false claims settlement
- Suspect seriously wounded after officer-involved shooting in Phoenix