People are deeply saddened and divided on the case of the 9-year-old girl who picked up an Uzi and accidentally shot and killed her instructor standing next to her at an Arizona gun range. Questions have surfaced about whether children should be allowed to shoot guns, where and what kinds of firearms.
In this week’s “Legally Speaking,” I do not get into the differing viewpoints of pro-gun and anti-gun ownership, I instead discuss what happens next to the families involved, where they go from here and what legal actions are possible.
- One killed, two injured in west Phoenix shooting, police say
- Legally Speaking: Arizona court ruling a win for same-sex parents
- ‘Why me?’ Survivor recounts horror of Arizona flash flood that killed 10
- Suspect, officer injured in Phoenix shooting, police say
- Maricopa County Sheriff’s deputies shoot armed man west of Phoenix