People are deeply saddened and divided on the case of the 9-year-old girl who picked up an Uzi and accidentally shot and killed her instructor standing next to her at an Arizona gun range. Questions have surfaced about whether children should be allowed to shoot guns, where and what kinds of firearms.
In this week’s “Legally Speaking,” I do not get into the differing viewpoints of pro-gun and anti-gun ownership, I instead discuss what happens next to the families involved, where they go from here and what legal actions are possible.
- Second dolphin at controversial Arizona facility dies; cause unknown
- 15-year-old arrested for threatening to ‘shoot up’ Gilbert high school
- Phoenix officer suffers minor injuries in shooting, suspect in custody
- Glendale school gets safety equipment for lockdowns from fire officials
- City of Phoenix agrees to settle suit over jail death from Arpaio-era