Temperatures have definitely heated up in the Valley, which means it’s summertime. Summertime is also the 100 deadliest days for teens.
With summer comes more teen drivers on the road that are distracted by the radio, food, and texting. There is something else that can distract teens even more, passengers.
This is something that is seldom the subject of the parental warnings shouted at the teens as they walk out the door with the car keys, yet it should be. Passengers increase the risk of teen crashes by almost half.
I am glad to report that Arizona joined the majority of states that limit who can be in the car with a brand new teen driver and when that driver can be on the road.
So parents, this is a rule you do not have to make, Arizona has done it for you, all you need to do is reiterate it and help enforce it. Have the conversation with your teen about passengers before it is too late.
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport reports highest number of October travelers ever
- Legally Speaking: Jail will not be part of Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s future
- Legally Speaking: Here are Paul Penzone’s options in defamation suit against Joe Arpaio
- Legally Speaking: I-10 shooter suit poses interesting question about suing officials
- Report: Arizona has the strictest DUI laws in the country