Temperatures have definitely heated up in the Valley, which means it’s summertime. Summertime is also the 100 deadliest days for teens.
With summer comes more teen drivers on the road that are distracted by the radio, food, and texting. There is something else that can distract teens even more, passengers.
This is something that is seldom the subject of the parental warnings shouted at the teens as they walk out the door with the car keys, yet it should be. Passengers increase the risk of teen crashes by almost half.
I am glad to report that Arizona joined the majority of states that limit who can be in the car with a brand new teen driver and when that driver can be on the road.
So parents, this is a rule you do not have to make, Arizona has done it for you, all you need to do is reiterate it and help enforce it. Have the conversation with your teen about passengers before it is too late.
- Legally Speaking: Jodi Arias no longer deserves to be in the spotlight
- Cha-ching! How to protect yourself and your money in a Powerball office pool
- Legally Speaking: The top seven Arizona legal cases of 2015
- Legally Speaking: One-on-one with Jodi Arias attorney, Kirk Nurmi – Part Five
- Legally Speaking: One-on-one with Jodi Arias’ attorney, Kirk Nurmi – Part Four