Temperatures have definitely heated up in the Valley, which means it’s summertime. Summertime is also the 100 deadliest days for teens.
With summer comes more teen drivers on the road that are distracted by the radio, food, and texting. There is something else that can distract teens even more, passengers.
This is something that is seldom the subject of the parental warnings shouted at the teens as they walk out the door with the car keys, yet it should be. Passengers increase the risk of teen crashes by almost half.
I am glad to report that Arizona joined the majority of states that limit who can be in the car with a brand new teen driver and when that driver can be on the road.
So parents, this is a rule you do not have to make, Arizona has done it for you, all you need to do is reiterate it and help enforce it. Have the conversation with your teen about passengers before it is too late.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- Report: Arizona has the strictest DUI laws in the country
- Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport serves record number of July passengers
- Legally Speaking: Little progress made in Arizona’s lethal injection court fight
- Phoenix Sky Harbor sets new monthly passenger record with 4.3M
- Legally Speaking: What the accused Phoenix freeway shooter’s dropped charges mean