This week, KTAR has the family in focus, so “Legally Speaking” is focusing on a very important family issue — your wills and life care directives. I know this sounds scary and daunting but here is a secret — it really isn’t!
Arizona has made it very easy for you to protect yourself and your family and it is never too early to do this. If you have children you owe it to them to create your will. After all, you want to make sure they are taken care of if you pass and they are under 18 years old. A will can be the easiest and most effective way to do that and Arizona allows you to use a fill-in-the-blank form.
In order to save your spouse and family stress and additional pain, I recommend you complete your advance life care directives. The Arizona Attorney General has put together a life care planning packet that you can print, sign and keep and you can even download it from the website! This packet helps you dictate who makes decisions for you when you are sick and what kind of life-saving procedures you want, or do not want. There are even FAQs to guide you along the way.
The hardest part is making the decision to sit down and get this done. The easiest part is actually doing it. You have worked hard to provide for and protect your family, the simple action of completing these documents will continue to protect and provide for them as well as save them stress and additional grief.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Report: Nearly 80 percent of Americans show some form of road rage
- Legally Speaking: Little progress made in Arizona’s lethal injection court fight
- Authorities find family reported missing on Arizona hike
- Family photo time devolves into hilarious chaos for parents of 5
- Should you homeschool your child?