This week, KTAR has the family in focus, so “Legally Speaking” is focusing on a very important family issue — your wills and life care directives. I know this sounds scary and daunting but here is a secret — it really isn’t!
Arizona has made it very easy for you to protect yourself and your family and it is never too early to do this. If you have children you owe it to them to create your will. After all, you want to make sure they are taken care of if you pass and they are under 18 years old. A will can be the easiest and most effective way to do that and Arizona allows you to use a fill-in-the-blank form.
In order to save your spouse and family stress and additional pain, I recommend you complete your advance life care directives. The Arizona Attorney General has put together a life care planning packet that you can print, sign and keep and you can even download it from the website! This packet helps you dictate who makes decisions for you when you are sick and what kind of life-saving procedures you want, or do not want. There are even FAQs to guide you along the way.
The hardest part is making the decision to sit down and get this done. The easiest part is actually doing it. You have worked hard to provide for and protect your family, the simple action of completing these documents will continue to protect and provide for them as well as save them stress and additional grief.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Family of fallen Phoenix police officer visit President Trump in Oval Office
- Legally Speaking: What if Aaron Hernandez lived, killed and died in Arizona?
- Gilbert rated best place to raise a family in Arizona
- Legally Speaking: It’s time to split the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Dave Ramsey says: Relatives don’t get free passes to employment