It is that time of year: The bass are on their beds in full “protect the future at all costs” mode. Sight fishing is the play and it’s paying off.
We had the opportunity to hit the water at Saguaro Lake last week with the owner of The Arizona Fishing Guides, Scooter Griffith.
Usually you can see Scooter’s boat from space. OK, maybe not space but definitely from the other side of the lake. But his boat’s wrap has been removed for sale. That’s a big hint for my wife as my birthday is right around the corner!
Scooter had us on the fish right away and the game was on. Who would break first — us or the bass? Only one way to find out! Check out the video.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Here’s your motivation to get out and enjoy a free weekend at a national park
- Get Outdoors product review: Who makes the best coffee tumbler for outdoors?
- SC regulators warn against eating bass from 2 upstate lakes
- Get Outdoors product review: Assault Hand Paddle
- Elevated mercury found in bass at eastern Arizona lake