Now that the bite is kicking up out West, I thought I would share an amazing piece of video from our last road trip. Winey hooked into a nice yellowtail when his rental rod-reel combo jammed on him.
Think about that for a second: You spend all of this time, effort and cash for a boat charter and when you finally hook-up, your gear malfunctions.
This didn’t seem like that big of a deal to our mostly-shirtless crew from Dana Point Landing. Watch the video to see how they handled a hooked yellowtail and broken reel.
I was watching all of this while I was hooked-up as well. I can’t let Winey have all of the glory!
Big thanks to Taylor Rummell for getting all of this on film!
- Opinion: Phoenix City Council vote on bump stocks just a headline grab
- Opinion: Poking holes in Jimmy Kimmel’s anti-gun rant
- Mountain creek in Arizona closes after wildfire damage to habitat
- Texas man shown on video fishing in home flooded by Hurricane Harvey
- Opinion: Four takeaways from Trump’s rally speech in Phoenix