KTAR’s Cooper Rummell and I had the opportunity to hit the Pacific waters with the Sea Samurai, Kevin Nakata.
Kevin had the brand spankin’ new Hobie kayaks dialed in and we quickly hit the water. We were going to fish with live bait, so we spent a small portion of the morning catching the bait fish.
Rough conditions didn’t stop the Sea Samurai. We were fishing hard all morning.
Then, the call came in. A call that EVERY fisherman wants to get. “Big fish are hitting near you…get there now! Kevin instructed us to reel in the lines and get moving!”
We were amazed to watch Kevin changing our rigs while propelling his Hobie like the wind. That’s the beauty of Hobie’s Mirage Drive system — hands free to do what you need to do.
We get to the new spot and Cooper hooks up right away. Kevin helped him make quick work of a trophy halibut. We stayed in that area and it didn’t take much time at all for me to hook up with a halibut of my own.
This is when the magic happened: double hookup! I was about to land my fish when a trophy sea bass started to make Cooper’s reel SCREAM.
Bottom line, trip of a lifetime.
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes