As promised…the “How To” video for Campfire in a Can. I visited my friend Tim Ralston at Gear Up for the step-by-step instructions on how to make one of these.
I can’t think of a more useful item for camping, hunting, beach bonfires, trail riding, fishing or hiking. It’s light, compact and stays cool.
I made two of these over the weekend. It was a fun craft to do with the kids. See what I did there? Score some points with the wife and kids while building something for me! I was amazed at how easy it was from start to finish.
Couple of tips:
– Ask your wife before chopping up her candles. If she says no… Michaels sells blocks for $14.
– Finished can does not get hot while lit but the can will be very hot during the pour. Have oven mits handy.
– It will take a while for the wax to cool. Even if the top of the cardboard is cool…doesn’t mean the bottom wax has cooled. Be patient and give it time.
– Wax stays liquefied longer than you might expect…don’t rush your pour.
– Stick it in the freezer to cool faster. Should be good after two hours or so. Yes, just to be sure.
If you take your time and show some patience with the cooling process…you will have one of the most handy tools at your disposal.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- Social media to become Maricopa County’s weapon against domestic violence
- Sedona named one of ‘America’s Favorite Towns’
- Arizona’s Secretary of State Michele Reagan joins the show to discuss the election
- Some beer brewers in Arizona may begin to use treated sewage to save water
- Teen who said Phoenix police forced him to eat pot wants answers from City Hall