As promised…the “How To” video for Campfire in a Can. I visited my friend Tim Ralston at Gear Up for the step-by-step instructions on how to make one of these.
I can’t think of a more useful item for camping, hunting, beach bonfires, trail riding, fishing or hiking. It’s light, compact and stays cool.
I made two of these over the weekend. It was a fun craft to do with the kids. See what I did there? Score some points with the wife and kids while building something for me! I was amazed at how easy it was from start to finish.
Couple of tips:
– Ask your wife before chopping up her candles. If she says no… Michaels sells blocks for $14.
– Finished can does not get hot while lit but the can will be very hot during the pour. Have oven mits handy.
– It will take a while for the wax to cool. Even if the top of the cardboard is cool…doesn’t mean the bottom wax has cooled. Be patient and give it time.
– Wax stays liquefied longer than you might expect…don’t rush your pour.
– Stick it in the freezer to cool faster. Should be good after two hours or so. Yes, just to be sure.
If you take your time and show some patience with the cooling process…you will have one of the most handy tools at your disposal.
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Arizona rolls out new guide to help identify dyslexia in children
- Former Arizona student called aggressor in deadly fight
- Phoenix being blown back into upper 80s this week as windy front moves in
- Freeport-McMoRan gets boost from Indonesia export resumption
- KTAR News 92.3 FM wins three Edward R. Murrow Awards