As promised…the “How To” video for Campfire in a Can. I visited my friend Tim Ralston at Gear Up for the step-by-step instructions on how to make one of these.
I can’t think of a more useful item for camping, hunting, beach bonfires, trail riding, fishing or hiking. It’s light, compact and stays cool.
I made two of these over the weekend. It was a fun craft to do with the kids. See what I did there? Score some points with the wife and kids while building something for me! I was amazed at how easy it was from start to finish.
Couple of tips:
– Ask your wife before chopping up her candles. If she says no… Michaels sells blocks for $14.
– Finished can does not get hot while lit but the can will be very hot during the pour. Have oven mits handy.
– It will take a while for the wax to cool. Even if the top of the cardboard is cool…doesn’t mean the bottom wax has cooled. Be patient and give it time.
– Wax stays liquefied longer than you might expect…don’t rush your pour.
– Stick it in the freezer to cool faster. Should be good after two hours or so. Yes, just to be sure.
If you take your time and show some patience with the cooling process…you will have one of the most handy tools at your disposal.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development