As promised…the “How To” video for Campfire in a Can. I visited my friend Tim Ralston at Gear Up for the step-by-step instructions on how to make one of these.
I can’t think of a more useful item for camping, hunting, beach bonfires, trail riding, fishing or hiking. It’s light, compact and stays cool.
I made two of these over the weekend. It was a fun craft to do with the kids. See what I did there? Score some points with the wife and kids while building something for me! I was amazed at how easy it was from start to finish.
Couple of tips:
– Ask your wife before chopping up her candles. If she says no… Michaels sells blocks for $14.
– Finished can does not get hot while lit but the can will be very hot during the pour. Have oven mits handy.
– It will take a while for the wax to cool. Even if the top of the cardboard is cool…doesn’t mean the bottom wax has cooled. Be patient and give it time.
– Wax stays liquefied longer than you might expect…don’t rush your pour.
– Stick it in the freezer to cool faster. Should be good after two hours or so. Yes, just to be sure.
If you take your time and show some patience with the cooling process…you will have one of the most handy tools at your disposal.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Walmart announces 4,400 veteran hires in Arizona since 2013
- Mother Road Brewing Co. named most underrated brewery in Arizona by Thrillist
- Bashas’ announces finalists for doughnut flavor contest
- Fans wait hours in line to get into Phoenix Comicon amid heightened security
- 1 of 11 suspected border crossers found in Arizona dies