Thanksgiving is all about tradition. We usually see the same people, have the celebration at the same place and eat the same foods year after year because tradition is comforting and the stuff memories are made of, right?
Hold on! You know, I remember very little about any Thanksgiving celebration I ever attended when growing up, except for the year my mom decided that our family was just too small to go to all that trouble and we decided to make beef stroganoff instead. Sometimes its the “shaking things up” that makes the best memories.
The first year I lived in Arizona with my husband, it was just the two of us and I certainly wasn’t going to make a big turkey! I bought enough sliced turkey from the Honey Baked Store for us to have and was teased for a long time about how we had turkey sandwiches that Thanksgiving. A couple of years we went out. It was traditional food to be sure, but I remember exactly where we went, what we had and who was there. And then a few years ago, we began having thanksgiving with two other families in a huge extended celebration.
Are you ready to shake things up a bit ? Do you dare? How about a Japanese teppanyaki restaurant for your Thanksgiving celebration?!
Check out Sapporo in Scottsdale’s take on Thanksgiving. This could be the year!
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night