Thanksgiving is all about tradition. We usually see the same people, have the celebration at the same place and eat the same foods year after year because tradition is comforting and the stuff memories are made of, right?
Hold on! You know, I remember very little about any Thanksgiving celebration I ever attended when growing up, except for the year my mom decided that our family was just too small to go to all that trouble and we decided to make beef stroganoff instead. Sometimes its the “shaking things up” that makes the best memories.
The first year I lived in Arizona with my husband, it was just the two of us and I certainly wasn’t going to make a big turkey! I bought enough sliced turkey from the Honey Baked Store for us to have and was teased for a long time about how we had turkey sandwiches that Thanksgiving. A couple of years we went out. It was traditional food to be sure, but I remember exactly where we went, what we had and who was there. And then a few years ago, we began having thanksgiving with two other families in a huge extended celebration.
Are you ready to shake things up a bit ? Do you dare? How about a Japanese teppanyaki restaurant for your Thanksgiving celebration?!
Check out Sapporo in Scottsdale’s take on Thanksgiving. This could be the year!
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- Arizona city bars Satanic Temple prayer at council meeting
- Looking for a bank: Unclaimed $1M Powerball ticket sold in Phoenix suburb
- The buzz: Arizona’s warmer weather leading to more bees
- Planning a Memorial Day trip? Sedona ranked one of best weekend spots in US
- Summer monsoon could ease some of the stress on Lake Mead