Thanksgiving is all about tradition. We usually see the same people, have the celebration at the same place and eat the same foods year after year because tradition is comforting and the stuff memories are made of, right?
Hold on! You know, I remember very little about any Thanksgiving celebration I ever attended when growing up, except for the year my mom decided that our family was just too small to go to all that trouble and we decided to make beef stroganoff instead. Sometimes its the “shaking things up” that makes the best memories.
The first year I lived in Arizona with my husband, it was just the two of us and I certainly wasn’t going to make a big turkey! I bought enough sliced turkey from the Honey Baked Store for us to have and was teased for a long time about how we had turkey sandwiches that Thanksgiving. A couple of years we went out. It was traditional food to be sure, but I remember exactly where we went, what we had and who was there. And then a few years ago, we began having thanksgiving with two other families in a huge extended celebration.
Are you ready to shake things up a bit ? Do you dare? How about a Japanese teppanyaki restaurant for your Thanksgiving celebration?!
Check out Sapporo in Scottsdale’s take on Thanksgiving. This could be the year!
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development
- Across Arizona, parents name children after ex-ASU football star Pat Tillman
- Phoenix housing project to undergo $44 million renovation
- Feds call for judge to disband police in polygamous towns
- Paper to PC: Arizona to accept online public office applications
- Phoenix-area police officer shot in the face given the OK to go home