It’s a new trend in parenting that is as old as time itself. Mothers sleeping with their newborn babies. However, it isn’t without controversy.
Some experts said it contributes to SIDS; some say it can ruin relationships. But pro co-sleeping proponents say it promotes a closer bond between mother and child and in particular helps with breast feeding and rest for both.
Integrative Cardiologist Dr. Jack Wolfson of Paradise Valley is a believer in co-sleeping and not just for the mother. He’s a dad and has been co-sleeping with his whole family for years. And he says they’re all better for it.
- Talking to children about terrorist attacks is unavoidable, so learn how to do it properly
- Irish dad takes selfies instead of vacation pictures
- Comedian impersonates all mothers trying to clean up the house for the holidays
- Why adding to your family is not as scary as you thought
- 5 reasons your kids still need bedtime stories, even if they’re ‘too old’