It’s a new trend in parenting that is as old as time itself. Mothers sleeping with their newborn babies. However, it isn’t without controversy.
Some experts said it contributes to SIDS; some say it can ruin relationships. But pro co-sleeping proponents say it promotes a closer bond between mother and child and in particular helps with breast feeding and rest for both.
Integrative Cardiologist Dr. Jack Wolfson of Paradise Valley is a believer in co-sleeping and not just for the mother. He’s a dad and has been co-sleeping with his whole family for years. And he says they’re all better for it.
- Apple says it plans to help parents manage their kids’ cellphone use
- Valley pastor says fearful parents may be hurting their kids in the future
- New year, new diet: Here’s how parents can stay healthy in 2018
- Family of 4 found dead in Arizona cabin on New Year’s Day
- Birds and the bees: How should parents talk to their kids about sex?