It’s a new trend in parenting that is as old as time itself. Mothers sleeping with their newborn babies. However, it isn’t without controversy.
Some experts said it contributes to SIDS; some say it can ruin relationships. But pro co-sleeping proponents say it promotes a closer bond between mother and child and in particular helps with breast feeding and rest for both.
Integrative Cardiologist Dr. Jack Wolfson of Paradise Valley is a believer in co-sleeping and not just for the mother. He’s a dad and has been co-sleeping with his whole family for years. And he says they’re all better for it.
- Man robs, slaps woman walking with child [RE-BROADCAST OF 2/11/ 2013]
- Parents: This Halloween, how young is too young for haunted houses?
- Mesa teenager extradited to Arizona in case of missing child
- Busy parents need a plan if they want to eat healthy, Arizona dietitian says
- Missing Mesa teen mom found, in custody; baby OK