It’s a new trend in parenting that is as old as time itself. Mothers sleeping with their newborn babies. However, it isn’t without controversy.
Some experts said it contributes to SIDS; some say it can ruin relationships. But pro co-sleeping proponents say it promotes a closer bond between mother and child and in particular helps with breast feeding and rest for both.
Integrative Cardiologist Dr. Jack Wolfson of Paradise Valley is a believer in co-sleeping and not just for the mother. He’s a dad and has been co-sleeping with his whole family for years. And he says they’re all better for it.
- Too much cuteness: GoPro video shows toddler on a hide-and-seek hunt
- Report: College application process needs to level the playing field
- Um, Dad?! Phoenix third for number of men in midlife crisis
- California mom hears son’s donated heart beating inside Arizona girl
- Distraction, persuasion will turn your child’s grief over a lost pet into joy for a new one