It’s a new trend in parenting that is as old as time itself. Mothers sleeping with their newborn babies. However, it isn’t without controversy.
Some experts said it contributes to SIDS; some say it can ruin relationships. But pro co-sleeping proponents say it promotes a closer bond between mother and child and in particular helps with breast feeding and rest for both.
Integrative Cardiologist Dr. Jack Wolfson of Paradise Valley is a believer in co-sleeping and not just for the mother. He’s a dad and has been co-sleeping with his whole family for years. And he says they’re all better for it.
- Parents using infertility treatment to determine sex of their child
- How to help kids be healthy without shaming, damaging self-esteem
- Faith In Humanity: Dad recycles old crayons for children in need
- Study: Arizona ranks among highest states for teen car insurance rates
- Report: Arizona ranks among worst states in nation for child welfare