It’s hot…no question about that! But that doesn’t stop a kid.
They’ll be playing in the pool, playing ball, running, turning somersaults…they stay active no matter what the temperature. And we ply them with Gatorade or Powerade to replenish those important electrolytes they’ve sweated away.
But you do know those sports drinks are loaded with sugar, right? While what they provide is important, there are much better ways for both kids AND adults to get those nutrients — and they’re tasty, too!
Dr. Andrea Purcell N.D., from Portal to Healing Naturopathic Clinic in Scottsdale gives us a few of her healthier options for electrolyte drinks.
Here are the recipes:
Juice together 1 cup celery, 1 cup apple juice, 1/4 cup lemon juice.
Delicious! The celery has natural electrolytes.
Real lime juice, cane sugar (Dr. Purcell uses real maple syrup or honey) and water. Then add a touch of salt for electrolytes. Mix to taste.
- Peak your palate with gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again