It’s hot…no question about that! But that doesn’t stop a kid.
They’ll be playing in the pool, playing ball, running, turning somersaults…they stay active no matter what the temperature. And we ply them with Gatorade or Powerade to replenish those important electrolytes they’ve sweated away.
But you do know those sports drinks are loaded with sugar, right? While what they provide is important, there are much better ways for both kids AND adults to get those nutrients — and they’re tasty, too!
Dr. Andrea Purcell N.D., from Portal to Healing Naturopathic Clinic in Scottsdale gives us a few of her healthier options for electrolyte drinks.
Here are the recipes:
Juice together 1 cup celery, 1 cup apple juice, 1/4 cup lemon juice.
Delicious! The celery has natural electrolytes.
Real lime juice, cane sugar (Dr. Purcell uses real maple syrup or honey) and water. Then add a touch of salt for electrolytes. Mix to taste.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas