As temperatures decrease across the state, carbon monoxide awareness must actually increase, especially during the winter months.

“It’s an odorless gas, so people can actually just pass out and die because they never know they have been poisoned,” said Dr. Dennis Wieland with Scottsdale Healthcare.

Anything that produces a flame can cause carbon monoxide, he added.

“Make sure you get your heaters checked at least once a year,” Wieland said.

As temperatures decrease across the state, carbon monoxide awareness must actually increase, especially during the winter months.

“It’s an odorless gas, so people can actually just pass out and die because they never know they have been poisoned,” said Dr. Dennis Wieland with Scottsdale Healthcare.

Anything that produces a flame can cause carbon monoxide, he added.

“Make sure you get your heaters checked at least once a year,” Wieland said.

Share this story...
Latest News

Beware of carbon monoxide poisoning during winter months

As temperatures decrease across the state, carbon monoxide awareness must actually increase, especially during the winter months.

“It’s an odorless gas, so people can actually just pass out and die because they never know they have been poisoned,” said Dr. Dennis Wieland with Scottsdale Healthcare.

Anything that produces a flame can cause carbon monoxide, he added.

“Make sure you get your heaters checked at least once a year,” Wieland said.

Scottsdale Healthcare has the largest hyperbaric chamber in the state, which painlessly treats carbon monoxide poisoning in a few hours.