As American becomes more embroiled in the debate on mental health, one Phoenix group is trying to break the stigma surrounding it.
The Commit Campaign asks people to share stories of mental illness — be it someone they know or their own — or stories from suicide survivors freely on social media, forums and in public to increase awareness.
The group asks those participating in the campaign to take a pledge to talk about the struggle of mental illness on a daily basis, think about the words they use to describe others and help those with mental illness, among other things.
The Commit Campaign accepts donations online.
- Days after Thanksgiving don’t have to be a post-holiday letdown
- Report shows Phoenix VA quality of service has improved
- Arizona has the 4th highest imprisonment rate in the US
- ‘Gaming disorder’ now considered a mental health condition
- UofA project to increase mental health professionals in rural Arizona