PHOENIX — A man accused of shooting at police during a late-night confrontation in metro Phoenix was in custody after a brief chase.
Phoenix police said one person was shot and wounded Wednesday night in Glendale. Officers from Phoenix had been called around 7:15 p.m. and told someone with a gun had forced someone else into a car.
Police spotted the car near 65th Avenue and Bethany Home Road. Sgt. Vince Lewis said a suspect shot at police when they stopped the car and that three officers fired their guns.
After the car came to a stop, the suspect fled on foot but was caught a short while later at an apartment complex after midnight.
Lewis said the other person in the car had been shot and was hospitalized in stable condition.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Phoenix police officers, woman injured in rush hour crash
- Special: Debate over gun violence in schools divides Arizona experts
- St. Mary’s high school in Phoenix cancels classes due to alleged threat
- Phoenix leaders deny petition to block city spending on more Trump events
- Thousands to march on Arizona’s capitol in response to Florida shooting