PHOENIX — A man accused of shooting at police during a late-night confrontation in metro Phoenix was in custody after a brief chase.
Phoenix police said one person was shot and wounded Wednesday night in Glendale. Officers from Phoenix had been called around 7:15 p.m. and told someone with a gun had forced someone else into a car.
Police spotted the car near 65th Avenue and Bethany Home Road. Sgt. Vince Lewis said a suspect shot at police when they stopped the car and that three officers fired their guns.
After the car came to a stop, the suspect fled on foot but was caught a short while later at an apartment complex after midnight.
Lewis said the other person in the car had been shot and was hospitalized in stable condition.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Jean-Claude Van Damme’s son pleads not guilty to knife attack in Arizona
- Suspect arrested in west Phoenix shooting that killed one, injured two
- Family taken to hospital, used barbecue grill to warm home
- Violent crime in Arizona rose 13% in 2016, while property crime declined
- High temperatures in Phoenix could reach 90-plus degrees this week