PHOENIX — Police are searching for a man who allegedly tried to kidnap a woman early Monday morning in the Phoenix area.
The Goodyear Police Department said the victim was at the McDonald’s near Dysart Road and Interstate 10 about 5:20 a.m. when the suspect attempted to take her.
Police said the suspect hit the 19-year-old woman in the face and tore her clothing as he tried to pull her into his truck.
The woman was able to fight the suspect off, but was injured in the process.
The suspect is a black male between 20 and 30 years old. He is about 6 feet tall and has a thin build.
At the time, the suspect was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and blue basketball shorts.
The suspect was in a white Dodge crew cab pickup truck.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to contact the Goodyear Police Department at 623-882-7484.
- ACLU sues Phoenix police for downtown Trump protest records
- Phoenix police searching for suspect who shot, killed bicyclist
- Glendale police found 13-year-old boy who went missing Thursday
- Case study: Police body cams helping prosecute domestic violence cases
- Phoenix police association to hold fundraising cookout for injured officer