PHOENIX — Police are searching for a man who allegedly tried to kidnap a woman early Monday morning in the Phoenix area.
The Goodyear Police Department said the victim was at the McDonald’s near Dysart Road and Interstate 10 about 5:20 a.m. when the suspect attempted to take her.
Police said the suspect hit the 19-year-old woman in the face and tore her clothing as he tried to pull her into his truck.
The woman was able to fight the suspect off, but was injured in the process.
The suspect is a black male between 20 and 30 years old. He is about 6 feet tall and has a thin build.
At the time, the suspect was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and blue basketball shorts.
The suspect was in a white Dodge crew cab pickup truck.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to contact the Goodyear Police Department at 623-882-7484.
- Man shot, arrested after running from police in West Valley
- Thieves steal puppies worth thousands from Phoenix-area pet store
- Blue Alert canceled after man who allegedly dragged cop surrenders
- Former Mesa officer arrested in 1995 child molestation case
- Phoenix man arrested for theft, applied for job with police agency