Mmm, waffles: Celebrate National Waffle Day at these Phoenix-area spots
PHOENIX — Each and every day is a celebration of something random, but Thursday is one of our favorites of 2017: National Waffle Day.
The tasty breakfast treats were invented way back in the medieval days, most likely around the 9th or 10th century. Since then, waffles have made a little traction in the world, becoming a popular food in multiple countries and spurring 14 different types in Belgium alone.
While the Phoenix area may not have the variety of Belgium, we do have some darn good waffle spots. Without further ado (plus we’re getting hungry), here are some of our favorite spots around town to celebrate National Waffle Day.
- Hawaii-bound American Airlines flight forced back to Phoenix
- Phoenix needs more bottled water to help battle summer heat
- Phoenix City Council votes to look at other designs for light-rail expansion
- Grocery chain Safeway closing two Phoenix-area stores
- US Marshals in Phoenix warn of nationwide phone scam