PHOENIX — Each and every day is a celebration of something random, but Wednesday is one of our favorites of 2016: National Waffle Day.
The tasty breakfast treats were invented way back in the medieval days, most likely around the 9th or 10th century. Since then, waffles have made a little traction in the world, becoming a popular food in multiple countries and spurring 14 different types in Belgium alone.
While the Phoenix area may not have the variety of Belgium, we do have some darn good waffle spots. Without further ado (plus we’re getting hungry), here are some of our favorite spots around town to celebrate National Waffle Day.
- Trump’s NAFTA termination comment falls flat with Arizona business leaders
- Report: Trump met with Flake’s prospective primary opponents at Phoenix rally
- Opinions split after Trump protest in downtown Phoenix
- Arpaio felt Trump would defy advisers, grant pardon at Phoenix rally
- Phoenix police chief gives officers A+ for conduct during Trump rally protest