WASHINGTON (AP) — Interest rates on short-term Treasury bills were mixed in Monday’s auction with rates on three-month bills unchanged while rates on six-month bills rose to the highest level in two weeks.
The Treasury Department auctioned $31 billion in three-month bills at a discount rate of 0.300 percent, the same as last week. Another $26 billion in six-month bills was auctioned at a discount rate of 0.475 percent, up from 0.440 percent last week.
The six-month rate was the highest since these bills averaged 0.510 percent two weeks ago on March 14.
The discount rates reflect that the bills sell for less than face value. For a $10,000 bill, the three-month price was $9,992.42 while a six-month bill sold for $9,975.99. That would equal an annualized rate of 0.304 percent for the three-month bills and 0.483 percent for the six-month bills.
Separately, the Federal Reserve said Monday that the average yield for one-year Treasury bills, a popular index for making changes in adjustable rate mortgages, fell to 0.64 percent last week from 0.67 percent the previous week.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier