WASHINGTON (AP) — Interest rates on short-term Treasury bills were mixed in Monday’s auction with rates on three-month bills unchanged while rates on six-month bills rose to the highest level in two weeks.
The Treasury Department auctioned $31 billion in three-month bills at a discount rate of 0.300 percent, the same as last week. Another $26 billion in six-month bills was auctioned at a discount rate of 0.475 percent, up from 0.440 percent last week.
The six-month rate was the highest since these bills averaged 0.510 percent two weeks ago on March 14.
The discount rates reflect that the bills sell for less than face value. For a $10,000 bill, the three-month price was $9,992.42 while a six-month bill sold for $9,975.99. That would equal an annualized rate of 0.304 percent for the three-month bills and 0.483 percent for the six-month bills.
Separately, the Federal Reserve said Monday that the average yield for one-year Treasury bills, a popular index for making changes in adjustable rate mortgages, fell to 0.64 percent last week from 0.67 percent the previous week.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- Pie-eating grins! Restaurant company plans to open up to 15 pizza spots in Phoenix area
- 3rd ex-Rhode Island lawmaker in 11 days charged criminally
- Why Trump will find it hard to make American economy greater
- The Latest: Former President George H.W. Bush leaving ICU
- South Dakota lawmaker resigns over sex with interns