PHOENIX — The Phoenix-area will have a few freeway closures this weekend due to improvement projects.
The projects require lane restrictions and ramp closures. Drivers are encouraged to allow extra travel time and consider alternate routes while the following freeway restrictions are in place:
• Southbound Interstate 17 narrowed to three lanes between Pinnacle Peak and Deer Valley roads in north Phoenix from 11 p.m. Friday to 11 a.m. Sunday for construction of overhead sign foundation. Northbound I-17 HOV lane also closed in same area.
• State Route 74 narrowed to one lane in areas between Interstate 17 and Lake Pleasant Parkway from 8 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday and from 5:30 p.m. Sunday to 8 a.m. Monday for paving.
• Eastbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) narrowed to two lanes near Alma School Road in Mesa from 10 p.m. Friday to 7 p.m. Sunday for widening project.
• Northbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) narrowed to one lane between Brown and McDowell roads in Mesa from 10 p.m. Friday to 3 p.m. Saturday for widening project. Southbound Loop 202 also narrowed to one lane between McDowell and Brown roads from 4 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday.
• Northbound Interstate 17 narrowed to one lane overnight between 19th Avenue and Grant Street from 9 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday for pavement repairs.