PHOENIX — A man shot to death Wednesday inside a Mesa, Arizona hotel room may have known his killer’s girlfriend.
Veronica Ehrig told KTAR News’ Mac & Gaydos that she and her boyfriend met the woman at a bus stop, though she later changed her story.
When Ryan Giroux knocked on the door, Ehrig said he demanded to know where his girlfriend was.
“I saw the dude pull out his gun and shoot (my boyfriend) and everything,” she said.
Ehrig said Giroux pointed the weapon at her but was out of ammunition. She hid behind a car while he left the scene.
“He just casually walked off,” she said.
Despite possibly knowing Giroux’s girlfriend, Ehrig said she had never seen him before.
In addition to Ehrig’s boyfriend, there were five other people shot during the spree. All were hospitalized.
- Arizona congresswoman hopes Trump meeting start of bipartisan work
- Former Arizona AG wants Arpaio to be forced to work with immigrant groups
- Teenage witness says deadly Arizona flash flood was heartbreaking to watch
- Ducey is ‘very concerned’ with how GOP health bill could affect Arizona
- Five months into office, Penzone says problems with politics still persist in MCSO