PHOENIX — A man shot to death Wednesday inside a Mesa, Arizona hotel room may have known his killer’s girlfriend.
Veronica Ehrig told KTAR News’ Mac & Gaydos that she and her boyfriend met the woman at a bus stop, though she later changed her story.
When Ryan Giroux knocked on the door, Ehrig said he demanded to know where his girlfriend was.
“I saw the dude pull out his gun and shoot (my boyfriend) and everything,” she said.
Ehrig said Giroux pointed the weapon at her but was out of ammunition. She hid behind a car while he left the scene.
“He just casually walked off,” she said.
Despite possibly knowing Giroux’s girlfriend, Ehrig said she had never seen him before.
In addition to Ehrig’s boyfriend, there were five other people shot during the spree. All were hospitalized.
- Sheriff Paul Penzone voices concerns about Ducey’s school safety plan
- Garcia: ‘Real’ plan would erase education deficit, raise teacher’s pay
- Arizona DCS head responds to claims of failed foster care protections
- Ducey responds to Don Shooter’s claims of ‘suspicious’ state contracts
- McSally defends sharp language used in U.S. Senate announcement