Share this story...
Latest News

3 young women get lost in desert after eating mushrooms

Phoenix Fire Department responded to an emergency call Saturday from hikers who got lost in the desert a mile outside of Carefree after eating mushrooms.

Responders were able to locate the three young women, ages 18 and 19. No injuries were reported, but the women were transported to a local hospital to be evaluated.

Crews responded around 7 p.m. and were told the teens were not hurt but had eaten mushrooms.

They found the trio about a mile from the highway.

The search also encompassed firefighters from Peoria and Daisy Mountain.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.