According to the Arizona Department of Transportation, the following travel advisories have been issued for the weekend of March 13:
• Southbound Interstate 17 will be narrowed to two lanes near Jomax Road, south of Loop 303, from 11 p.m. Friday to 11 a.m. Sunday for construction. Northbound I-17 HOV also closed.
• Westbound Loop 202 will be narrowed to one lane between McClintock Drive and Kyrene Road in Chandler from 10 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday.
• Eastbound Loop 202 will be narrowed to one lane near Gilbert Road in Mesa from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. Saturday for widening.
• Northbound I-17 will be narrowed to one lane overnight between 19th Avenue and Van Buren Street from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday and Monday for pavement repairs.
• Eastbound Peoria Avenue will be closed at I-17 from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday for pavement repairs. No left turns will be allowed from southbound I-17 off-ramp to Peoria Avenue.
• Dobson Road will be closed overnight at Loop 202 in Mesa from 10 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday.
Traffic advisories at Phoenix International Raceway, site of NASCAR’s CampingWorld 500 include:
• When exiting I-10, westbound or eastbound, follow the signage and traffic plan marked out to guide you to the track for the quickest and safest route.
• On Sunday, the CampingWorld.com 500 will conclude around 3 p.m. with the heaviest outgoing traffic expected to last until 6 p.m. Avondale Boulevard near I-10 will be closed intermittenly.
• PIR and local authorities are encouraging fans to use the Park ‘N Ride, which is located at the Ak-Chin Pavilion, two blocks north of I-10 on 83rd Avenue.