PHOENIX — We’re here to help you solve an age-old debate.
It’s Friday. It’s been a long week. You could cook dinner, but going out for dinner and possibly a cocktail sounds so much easier, so much more relaxing.
You decide to meet someone — a friend, significant other, etc. — who then offers up the question, “Where should we go?”
Uh oh. This may take a while.
This may make things a little simpler: Two of America’s hottest restaurants are in the Phoenix area.
OpenTable, on its list of the 100 hottest eateries in the country, said Culinary Dropout’s Tempe location and SumoMaya in Scottsdale are the places to be in Arizona.
Culinary Dropout is a Sam Fox creation and is considered a gastropub. The restaurant is part of the Yard near First Street and Farmer, just around the corner from downtown Tempe’s Mill Avenue.
Rumor has it the Tempe Yard was Fox’s most expensive project to date when it was completed in late 2014.
We also sent our own Pat McMahon to check out SumoMaya. Spoiler alert: He loved it.
- Silver Alert issued for missing Scottsdale woman
- Mob hit man ‘Sammy The Bull’ freed early from Arizona drug conviction
- Tempe introduces program to give jobs, living assistance to homeless
- Main Street Minute: Chompie’s Deli to offer holiday bread at Costco
- Main Street Minute: Popular Gilbert restaurant closes for remodeling