As I mentioned on-air, after I decided to adopt a German shorthaired pointer as my new hunting partner, I will be documenting every step of his training and inviting you to join in on the fun.
So here we are, the first episode of “Get Outdoors Unleashed” (You see what we did there?)!
In this video, Jango — that’s my dog — was up for his first assessment. Trainer Tony Marquez of Desert Creek Gun Dog Kennels wanted to gauge Jango’s maturity and see how he responded to gunfire.
I will have to admit, I was a nervous doggy daddy. What if he was slow, what if gunfire freaked him out or what if Tony said he was untrainable?
So, how did it go? Take a look for yourself in the video above.
- With storms coming, Arizona firefighters rescue dog from drain
- Adoption fees covered at 2 Phoenix-area animal shelters on Saturday
- Tempe Fire Department undergoes dementia awareness training
- Mesa police add their first therapy dog to special victims unit
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Phoenix-area stories from 4th of July weekend
- Opinion: Jay Feely's prom photo with gun is dad's right to make a joke
- Opinion: Federal bump stock ban should worry both sides of the aisle
- Opinion: HSUS's accreditation drop should serve as wakeup call
- Opinion: Active shooter, lockdown drills great step to keep kids safe
- Opinion: It's been a week of weak corporate stances against guns, NRA