As I mentioned on-air, after I decided to adopt a German shorthaired pointer as my new hunting partner, I will be documenting every step of his training and inviting you to join in on the fun.
So here we are, the first episode of “Get Outdoors Unleashed” (You see what we did there?)!
In this video, Jango — that’s my dog — was up for his first assessment. Trainer Tony Marquez of Desert Creek Gun Dog Kennels wanted to gauge Jango’s maturity and see how he responded to gunfire.
I will have to admit, I was a nervous doggy daddy. What if he was slow, what if gunfire freaked him out or what if Tony said he was untrainable?
So, how did it go? Take a look for yourself in the video above.
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- Get Outdoors Unleashed: Jango graduates from hunting school
- Get Outdoors product review: Who makes the best coffee tumbler for outdoors?
- Get Outdoors product review: Assault Hand Paddle
- Why you should be excited about this weekend's Arizona's Get Outdoors Expo
- How to get outdoors and film your experience easily
- Dog messes up agility course the whole time, still has the time of his life
- New ‘hurricane hunter’ base on schedule for storm season
- South Dakota men charged with baiting mountain lions
- Golden retriever puppy training to become avalanche dog at Arizona Snowbowl
- House votes to lift Obama limits on Alaska hunting, trapping