As I mentioned on-air, after I decided to adopt a German shorthaired pointer as my new hunting partner, I will be documenting every step of his training and inviting you to join in on the fun.
So here we are, the first episode of “Get Outdoors Unleashed” (You see what we did there?)!
In this video, Jango — that’s my dog — was up for his first assessment. Trainer Tony Marquez of Desert Creek Gun Dog Kennels wanted to gauge Jango’s maturity and see how he responded to gunfire.
I will have to admit, I was a nervous doggy daddy. What if he was slow, what if gunfire freaked him out or what if Tony said he was untrainable?
So, how did it go? Take a look for yourself in the video above.
- Get Outdoors Unleashed: Jango graduates from hunting school
- Get Outdoors product review: Who makes the best coffee tumbler for outdoors?
- Get Outdoors product review: Assault Hand Paddle
- Why you should be excited about this weekend's Arizona's Get Outdoors Expo
- How to get outdoors and film your experience easily