MESA, Ariz. — Three kidnapping victims have been rescued unharmed and one person has been arrested in the case, police said.
The Mesa Police Department told media outlets the kidnapping happened late Wednesday at an apartment in Mesa and that the victims were later rescued unharmed from a home in Phoenix.
According to police, police said the victims were a 17-year-old boy, a 3-year-old boy and a woman who was their babysitter.
Police also said four people were detained and one was arrested.
The suspect, a 16-year-old male, will not be identified because he is underage. However, police said the suspect was charged on three counts of kidnapping, one count of aggravated assault and one count of a minor in possession of a firearm.
Police say the motive remained under investigation, though it may be drug-related.
The Mesa apartment is on the 500 block of North Mesa Drive. The Phoenix home is located near 32nd Street and Roeser Road in Phoenix.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Suspected kidnapping victim spotted in Arizona has been found in Nevada
- Kidnapping victim from California spotted in Phoenix area
- Mesa police officer dies in off-duty motorcycle accident
- Police officer saves dog trapped in Mesa canal
- Organizer hoping police brutality protest brings Mesa to standstill