PHOENIX — Thousands of Phoenix-area families will have a happier Easter this weekend thanks to a local egg company’s donation.
Hickman’s Family Farms, Arizona’s only commercial egg producer, delivered about 65,000 eggs to St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance on Thursday for distribution into some of its emergency food boxes this week.
Jerry Brown with the food bank said it plans to immediately distribute the eggs to families through St. Mary’s and some of its more than 500 agency partners around the state.
The eggs will be part of some of the 40,000 emergency food boxes the bank distributes each month.
“People will not only have eggs to eat but eggs to color for Easter,” Brown said. “It’s a double win for these families that really need that.”
Brown said Hickman’s has donated as a many as a million eggs annually to Arizona food banks and other organizations.
- Arizona House vote keeps nonprofits from disclosing election funding
- For fifth year in a row, organ donations in Arizona on the rise
- Tempe animal rescue facility to expand operations
- Main Street Minute: Scottsdale company donates to children’s cause
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital in need of blood donations for the holidays