PHOENIX — Thousands of Phoenix-area families will have a happier Easter this weekend thanks to a local egg company’s donation.
Hickman’s Family Farms, Arizona’s only commercial egg producer, delivered about 65,000 eggs to St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance on Thursday for distribution into some of its emergency food boxes this week.
Jerry Brown with the food bank said it plans to immediately distribute the eggs to families through St. Mary’s and some of its more than 500 agency partners around the state.
The eggs will be part of some of the 40,000 emergency food boxes the bank distributes each month.
“People will not only have eggs to eat but eggs to color for Easter,” Brown said. “It’s a double win for these families that really need that.”
Brown said Hickman’s has donated as a many as a million eggs annually to Arizona food banks and other organizations.
- Here’s how to donate blood in Arizona for victims of Las Vegas shooting
- Main Street Minute: Hospice of Valley gets big donation
- At least 50 Arizona rescue officials sent to Texas to help with Harvey
- Main Street Minute: Scottsdale-based P.F. Chang’s opens in London
- Check out this Braided Easter Sweet Bread recipe for Sunday’s celebration