PHOENIX — ASU Gammage will be filled with the sound of music during its 2016-2017 Broadway season, which features a playlist of favorites including “Cabaret,” “The Book of Mormon” and “The Sound of Music.”
Last season, crowds flocked to the Tony Award-winning “Book of Mormon” and broke the Gammage house record for sales.
The Broadway season, which starts in September 2016, will include new Tony winners such as “Matilda,””An American in Paris” and “The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.”
“We’re bringing some of the biggest shows on Broadway to ASU Gammage next season,” said Colleen Jennings-Roggensack, executive director for the auditorium and associate vice president cultural affairs for ASU. “This season patrons will fall in love with Gammage debuts of award-winning Broadway hits… as well as classic favorites.”
Looking past 2016-2017, ASU Gammage has also announced that it will bring “Hamilton,” the biggest show in Broadway to Arizona as part of the 2017-2018 season. According to a press release, the best way to guarantee tickets to “Hamilton” is to purchase 2016-2017 season tickets.
To check out a full list of the shows coming in the 2016-2017 Broadway season, click through the gallery below.
- Tempe Fire Department undergoes dementia awareness training
- Silver Alert canceled for previously missing 81-year-old man
- Concertgoer disappears in 1982 after Tempe show
- Former Tempe judge sentenced to four months for stabbing wife 10 times
- Arizona AG Brnovich settles lawsuit with Tempe over lease tax breaks