PHOENIX — A lot of road work will take place on a handful of Valley freeways this weekend, particularly in the East Valley.
• Southbound Loop 101 will be narrowed to two lanes between Shea Boulevard and McDonald Drive from 5 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday for a widening project. Southbound Loop 101 off-ramp at 90th Street and southbound on-ramp at Via De Ventura closed.
• Northbound Loop 101 will be narrowed to two lanes between McDowell Road and Shea Boulevard from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday for a widening project. Closures will in place on Northbound Loop 101 on- and off-ramps at Thomas Road and McDonald Drive, the on-ramp at Indian Bend Road and off-ramp at 90th Street.
• Dobson and McKellips roads will be closed at Loop 202 from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for bridge work. All Loop 202 ramps at McKellips Road will remain open to right turns only. Other closures: Westbound 202 on- and off-ramps at Dobson Road (the eastbound off-ramp at Dobson will be open to right turns only; eastbound Loop 202 on-ramp at Dobson Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday.
• Southbound Loop 202 will be narrowed to one lane between Apache Trail and Broadway Road in east Mesa from 4:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday for a widening project. The northbound loop will also be narrowed to one lane between Apache Trail and University Drive from 4:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.
• Southbound Interstate 17’s right lane will be closed between Seventh and 16th streets from 3 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday for maintenance. The southbound off-ramp at 16th Street will also be closed.
• Westbound Interstate 10 ramp to southbound State Route 85 in Buckeye will be closed from 5 a.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday for bridge work.