PHOENIX — Police are searching for a man who allegedly stole and killed two cats in Phoenix.
“It does make you scratch your head about what brought somebody to this level that they had to act out in this manner,” Silent Witness detective Kimberly Neis said.
Police said the suspect cut a hole in the wall of Planet Petopia — a pet boarding, grooming and daycare business — located near 13th Avenue and Hatcher Road about 3:50 a.m. on March 4.
“We were not aware that he stole anything from the property, but he did get in by an outside cat enclosure,” Neis said.
After cutting a hole in the facility’s wall, the suspect allegedly pulled out two cats and stomped them to death.
“The suspect then threw both of the dead cats into the dumpster before he walked away,” Neis said.
Silent Witness is offering up to a $1,000 reward for information leading to the suspect’s arrest.
Neis said she is aware the photos of the person are blurry, but her organization is hoping the person may have talked or bragged about the crime.
Anyone with information on the crime is asked to call 480-WITNESS or leave an anonymous tip at SilentWitness.org.
KTAR’s Martha Maurer contributed to this report.
- Arizona State University professor accused of sexual misconduct
- Phoenix police searching for robbery suspect who threatened guard
- More than 150 animals seized from Phoenix boarding facility
- Driver dies in wrong-way freeway wreck in Arizona
- Thieves make off with weapons from Phoenix police cars at stations