PHOENIX — Three suspects have been arrested in connection with more than 200 retail thefts in the Phoenix area, police said Monday.
When the trio was arrested, police said they recovered about $60,000 worth of goods.
Police said Andrew May, David Smithson and Regan Malone were part of a “criminal syndicate dedicated to committing organized retail crimes.”
“They took a lot of different types of merchandise,” Surprise Police Sgt. Tim Klarkowski said. “As far as places, they really didn’t limit themselves too much.”
Klarkowski said the suspects allegedly stole tens of thousands of dollars worth of merchandise from 13 retailers in the northwest Valley, including Walmart and Fry’s. They would then have other people sell the stolen goods.
Police said May, Smithson and Malone face 68 criminal charges, including organized retail theft, participating in a criminal syndicate and trafficking in stolen property.
KTAR’s Lauren Grifo contributed to this report.
- Phoenix PD searching for suspect in connection to officer involved shooting
- Southbound I-17 reopened at Indian School Road after police incident
- Downtown Donut Festival to be held in Phoenix in November
- Mac is back: Best Phoenix-area spots for National Mac and Cheese Day
- Twenty One Pilots to bring international tour to Phoenix this year