PHOENIX — Police officers responded to a call regarding a residential burglary around 1:45 p.m. on Sunday. Upon arriving to the residence in the area of 5400 West Camelback road, officers discovered 43-year-old Adan Chavez and 33-year-old Jessica Rubacalba dead.
Homicide detectives have concluded that Chavez shot Rubacalba and then himself. The family members present on the scene indicated that the two were husband and wife, though an actual marriage has not been confirmed. The couple did have children, but they were not at the home during the time of the incident.
Earlier, police were informed that that three family members forced entry into the residence, and originally found the victims. The family members had attempted to contact the victims, but to no avail.
- President Trump pushes back against border separation uproar
- Michigan State keeps president, to issue $500 million bond
- Suspect arrested in connection to burglary of Fountain Hills home
- County officials declare missing boy’s cause of death as ‘undetermined’
- Phoenix police chief says shooting study would benefit officers, citizens