PHOENIX — Police officers responded to a call regarding a residential burglary around 1:45 p.m. on Sunday. Upon arriving to the residence in the area of 5400 West Camelback road, officers discovered 43-year-old Adan Chavez and 33-year-old Jessica Rubacalba dead.
Homicide detectives have concluded that Chavez shot Rubacalba and then himself. The family members present on the scene indicated that the two were husband and wife, though an actual marriage has not been confirmed. The couple did have children, but they were not at the home during the time of the incident.
Earlier, police were informed that that three family members forced entry into the residence, and originally found the victims. The family members had attempted to contact the victims, but to no avail.
- Protester at Trump rally arrested after threatening Phoenix police
- Publicist: Jerry Lewis, comedian, telethon host, dies at 91
- Phoenix police shoot suspect armed with knife approaching them
- Scottsdale man dies suddenly after bloody visit with elderly parents
- Spouse of woman lost in Grand Canyon says water ran out