Not all companies have the marketing budget for full-time digital marketing teams and strategists. Many business owners are left to figure out their digital marketing strategy on their own, and often times find themselves seeking advice from those who lack the necessary expertise and aren’t up-to-date on the latest digital marketing trends.
On Saturday’s show, my wife, Mindy Weinstein, stopped by to talk social media and ways to boost your online visibility. Mindy, who has trained some of the biggest companies in the world on search engine optimization (SEO), believes that you don’t have to be an expert to improve your company’s online presence. As a matter of fact, she has developed five tips that anyone can follow to help begin the process:
- Determine what words your target audience is using to search for your product or service. This step is one of the most critical. If you don’t know what words people are using to search for your business, how will your website ever show up in Google results? Keyword research is critical not only to help search engines understand what you are about, but also to the people who visit your website. You want to attract targeted website traffic.
- Focus on SEO architecture. Did you know that the platform you use for your website can make or break your online presence? Choose the right content management system (CMS) for your website and also take the time to optimize your website pages (this is important!).
- Develop content that resonates with your website visitors and on social media. Once you get someone to your website or into your social community, hook them with compelling content. This content includes written text, as well as videos and images.
- Grow your social presence. There is a relationship between search and social. If you are building your business brand, or even your personal brand, you have to be involved in social networks by posting regularly and engaging with your community.
- Focus on local SEO. Local search engine optimization is a requirement for any business attempting to target a geographical area. Be sure to claim and verify your Google My Business listing and get in the local directories, such as Yelp.com and YellowPages.com. Reviews are also critical to building a local online presence.
Mindy will be holding a free Webinar on Wednesday, March 23, 2016, from 10 to 11 a.m. She will be going deeper into her 5 Secret Techniques to Boosting Your Online Visibility and provide viewers easy to follow and simple steps they can immediately implement to improve their brand online.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- Oh, Canada? Arizonans increasingly seek Canada move following Trump election
- Most-searched Super Bowl food in Arizona? Cornbread, report says
- Gov. Doug Ducey takes a spin in Google self-driving car in Phoenix
- Google’s 2016 recap closes year with message of love
- Google searches show what people really think of Arizona